Podcast: How holiday cases are affecting employer practice
In this week's podcast, we discuss the key findings of our new research on employers' annual leave offerings and explain how employers are working out holiday pay in the light of the glut of case law in recent years.
We take a look at:
- how much annual leave employers are offering, with our survey showing a clear division between the public and private sectors;
- popular extras, including duvet days and additional leave depending on length of service;
- how employers are calculating holiday pay, for example what additional payments and allowances they are including;
- the state of the case law on holiday pay calculations; and
- a European case on carry-over of annual leave that could have big implications for UK employers.
Presenter Ellie Gelder is joined by Michael Carty and Stephen Simpson. Edited and produced by Claire Scullin.
How holiday cases are affecting employer practice
6 May 2017