Podcast: The apprenticeship levy - April 2017
Matthew Lewis, employment partner at Squire Patton Boggs, explains the key features of the apprenticeship levy, due to come into force in April 2017. We discuss what it is and how it will impact on levy-paying and non-levy paying employers. We also offer practical guidance on what employers can do to get the most out of the levy.
Subjects covered in this podcast include:
- an introduction to the apprenticeship levy [00:38];
- payment threshold and criteria, and connected employers [01:24];
- mechanism for payment and access to levy funds through the digital apprenticeship service [05:25];
- training providers [08:05];
- limitations on the use of levy funds [11:32]; and
- timetable for the levy and next steps to prepare [13:57].
In addition to listening to the audio, you can download the podcast transcript.
Presenter Laura Merrylees is joined by Matthew Lewis. Edited and produced by Claire Scullin.
What is the apprenticeship levy?
14 October 2016