Podcast: TUPE mythbusters (part 1)
In part one of our two-part podcast on TUPE, we discuss how to inform and consult employees on a TUPE transfer to ensure as smooth a transfer as possible. Special guests Patrick Brodie and Kelly Thomson, TUPE specialists at law firm RPC and XpertHR contributing authors, run through their top tips on informing and consulting, including:
- planning ahead to ensure all relevant employees are informed and consulted;
- consulting both collectively and individually;
- collaborating with the transferee to enable consistent messaging to staff;
- obtaining written notification of any measures that the transferee envisages taking post-transfer;
- providing employee representatives with information in good time; and
- consulting directly with employees where the micro-business exception applies.
Presenter Ellie Gelder is joined by Patrick Brodie and Kelly Thomson. Edited and produced by Colin Miller.
TUPE mythbusters (part 1)
22 September 2017