Podcast: XpertHR survey reveals what's happening in the graduate recruitment market
On this week's XpertHR Weekly, we discuss XpertHR research into graduate recruitment and starting salaries. We look at the general state of the graduate labour market and whether there is growth or decline in graduate vacancies and graduate starting salaries. We reveal how employers go about attracting the best candidates and the selection methods used. We also discuss employers' concerns about the skills of recent graduates.
Presenter Susan Dennehy is joined by Michael Carty. Edited and produced by Clare Allerton.
Podcast: XpertHR research into graduate recruitment and starting salaries
Audio: XpertHR Weekly; 2 October 2015
Articles discussed on this week's podcast:
- Benchmarking data: Graduate Starting Salaries 2015/2016
- Benchmarking data: Graduate Recruitment 2015/2016
- Employment law manual > Recruitment and selection > Attracting suitable candidates
- Good practice manual > Recruitment and selection > Candidate attraction
- Good practice manual > Recruitment and selection > Shortlisting job candidates
- FAQs > In light of the age discrimination legislation can employers still use university "milk rounds" to recruit employees?
- FAQs > Is it permissible for an employer to stipulate in a job advert that candidates must be "recent graduates"?
Alternatively you can subscribe through the XpertHR Weekly podcast feed.