Webinar: Early conciliation and tribunal fees
From 6 May 2014, those seeking to bring an employment tribunal claim must first contact Acas so that an attempt at early conciliation can be made.
So what does this mean for employers? How should they adapt their approach to disputes with employees?
Employment lawyer Laurie Anstis and Gill McCarthy, Acas director of operational policy and performance, join Personnel Today editor Rob Moss to discuss early conciliation and other important changes employers need to know about.
Topics covered include:
- Early conciliation - what's it all about?
- The introduction of tribunal fees - what incentives are there for employers to engage in early conciliation?
- The new financial penalties regime - when will tribunals have the power to impose financial penalties on employers?
- Current tribunal tactics and the future of settlement agreements.
- Resolving disputes outside the employment tribunal system.