Webinar: HR's questions on dismissal
This special Q&A surgery addresses the legal and practical issues that arise when dismissing an employee.
Senior employment lawyers Darren Newman (pictured above, right) and Laurie Anstis (pictured below, right) provide a brief overview on dismissals, particularly redundancy and capability dismissals, before answering your questions during a 45-minute Q&A session.
In this Q&A surgery, Laurie and Darren will answer questions such as:
- Are employers legally obliged to offer alternative employment before dismissing an employee for ill health?
- Is it possible to dismiss an employee who has been promoted but is incapable of carrying out his or her new role?
- During a redundancy exercise, what should employers consider when identifying the pool of employees at risk of redundancy?
- Where two employees are in conflict at work, is it possible to dismiss one or both employees fairly?
- When is it fair to dismiss an employee when his or her conduct brings the employer into disrepute?