Webinar: Making the most of apprenticeships
Apprenticeships are under the spotlight, with changes to the way they are designed and delivered, as well as to how they are funded.
In this 60-minute webinar, we explain what you need to know about the changes to apprenticeships in England. We also provide guidance on how you can maximise the opportunities they create - regardless of whether your organisation is paying the apprenticeship levy or already operates an apprenticeship scheme.
Simon Ashworth (pictured top right), chief policy officer at the Association of Employment and Learning Providers, and Mike Thompson (bottom right), director for early careers at Barclays, explain what you need to know about the apprenticeship reforms in England and show you how to maximise the opportunities created by apprenticeships.
The webinar covers:
- apprenticeship reforms, including the apprenticeship levy and the funding practicalities for levy-paying and non-levy-paying employers;
- changes to the design and delivery of apprenticeships, including the transition from frameworks to standards and the requirement for independent end-point assessment;
- the beneficial impact of using apprenticeships on workforce planning, including by attracting new talent, realising the potential of existing employees and reducing attrition;
- where to start if you do not have an apprenticeship scheme, including identifying apprenticeship opportunities, and the challenges of setting up a scheme;
- how to maximise your return on investment;
- gaining leadership buy-in for your apprenticeship scheme;
- tips on finding and selecting a training provider;
- public-sector apprenticeship targets; and
- potential future changes to the system, including to funding.
We also feature a case study of an award-winning apprenticeship programme.