“Companies should focus their efforts on improving these areas in order to have the most immediate positive impact on overall engagement scores. However, engagement drivers vary by region”.
- Create a culture of engagement through leadership.
- Focus on what matters most and where there is greatest opportunity for improvement.
- Recognize people’s efforts and performance.
- Connect with your employees (Communicate and promote organizational reputation at every opportunity).
- Create employee growth opportunities.
- Select employees predisposed to engagement (for example, traits such as positive affect and conscientiousness can be strong indicators of engagement behaviours, and managerial skills and competencies that promote team engagement can be assessed and used for selection).