The team behind the newly-launched XpertHR US site will be in attendance. And my colleague, XpertHR Content and Platform Director David Shepherd is jetting over to join them.
If you're lucky enough to be attending SHRM 2012, you can catch up with the XpertHR team at booth 318 (and also get a demonstration of the frankly rather excellent XpertHR US site plus enter our HR Quiz competition to win an iPad!).
SHRM 2012: The social media overview
I can't make it to the SHRM Convention this year, but I'm planning to use this post as a landing page for keeping track of some of the highlights of the social media discussion and activity that SHRM 2012 will generate.
- XpertHR's #SHRM12 social media overview (1): Condi, coloured popcorn & good eggs My first overview of some of the key trends to emerge via social media from SHRM 2012 includes the following topics: Condoleezza Rice, coloured popcorn and the "good eggs" of HR.
- XpertHR's #SHRM12 social media overview (2): Tattoos, social media madness, Dreamworks & Malcolm Gladwell My second round-up, covering just some of the myriad topics discussed at SHRM 2012 on Monday 25 June 2012.
Social media look set to play a bigger role than ever at SHRM 2012:
- SHRM is running a special SHRM Annual Buzz page to help delegates (and those of us who can't make it) keep abreast of events at the Convention.
- Many delegates will be using the #SHRM12 Twitter hashtag to tweet about
SHRM 2012. But this is by no means the only hashtag that will be in
play. @HeartofHR has tweeted her pick of the top 10 hashtags for SHRM
I'm proud to say includes the #hrblogs hashtag that I started off back
in March 2010 to tie in with the HR blogs and blogging habits series, and which has subsequently taken on a life of its own).
SHRM 2012: Share your social media highlights!
I'd love to make this page as interactive as possible. Please do feel free to share your own personal highlights of SHRM 2012 - whether you're lucky enough to be attending it in person, or like me tapping into SHRM 2012 via social media.
You can leave comments via the box below, or get in touch via Twitter, LinkedIn, or Google+.
I'd also like to make this post as multimedia-friendly as possible, so please share links to videos, podcasts, photos, blog posts, tweets, and any other kind of social media activity emanating from SHRM 2012 that catches your attention.
And if anyone gets their picture taken with a member of the XpertHR team at SHRM 2012, do please send me a link to the photo, so that I can compile a gallery.
SHRM 2012 resources:
- SHRM 2012: XpertHR's social media overview The landing page for XpertHR's overview of social media coverage fo SHRM 2012.
- XpertHR's #SHRM12 social media overview (1): Condi, coloured popcorn & good eggs My first round-up of the social media highlights of SHRM 2012.
- XpertHR's #SHRM12 social media overview (2): Tattoos, social media madness, Dreamworks & Malcolm Gladwell My second round-up.
- XpertHR's #SHRM12 social media overview (3): Bacon, Seinfeld, the Fonz & Jim Collins The third round-up.
- Jerry Seinfeld at #SHRM12: Evil cookies & why your life sucks
- Jim Collins at #SHRM12: 'Create a stop doing list'
- David Weisenfeld: Condoleeza Rice Addresses Overflow SHRM Crowd The first post from XpertHR's team at SHRM 2012, covering Dr Rice's opening session on Sunday 24 June 2012.
- XpertHR Poised to Make Splash at SHRM Convention Read more on XpertHR.com.
- #SHRM12 Keep track of Twitter activity from SHRM 2012 via this hashtag (although - as noted above - this will not be the only hashtag in play, by any means).
- SHRM Annual Buzz Check out SHRM's page for tracking the social media buzz around SHRM 2012.
- SHRM 2012 Annual Conference & Exhibition Full details of SHRM 2012 on the SHRM site.
- SHRM 2012 Brochure Download the brochure, detailing all sessions taking place at SHRM 2012.
- City of Atlanta Find out more about Atlanta, Georgia.
- Man v Food: Atlanta Georgia Part One and Part Two If you're seeking places to dine in Atlanta, the inimitable Adam Richman has some fine recommendations in this episode of Man v Food.