As the #HRTechConf delegates get into gear for the final day of the big event over in Chicago, Illinois, we prouldly present XpertHR's round-up of the social media highlights of the second day of #HRTechConf (Tuesday 9 October 2012).
A wide range of HR tech topics are covered here, including: Swag, digital natives, dirty data & truly 'social' media!
#HRTechConf: Who's got the best swag at #HRTechConf 2012?
Bring a swag carrier if you're flying in or plan to carry your #Monster home in your lap. Ron can't imagine coming home from #HRTechConf without a new monster, and who's going to tell him that we're overrun with them here at HQ?"This is Naomi Bloom's "#HRTechConf tip #8...and very good advice it is, too!
For many in the HR profession, the swag (i.e. freebies, gifts, promotional items, etc - call 'em what you will) can be a major plus point when it comes to attending conferences.
So who's got the best swag at #HRTechConf 2012?
I'm looking for your help here - if you've been at #HRTechConf 2012, please get in touch and let me know which piece of swag is best you've seen (or better, the best you've received)!
The picture above was tweeted by Joshua Barger (aka @JoshInHR on Twitter), and depicts a particularly fine piece of #HRTechConf swag.
And here's a picture of said piece of swag in context.
I believe that at some point today, Dwane Lay is going to bless us with his #HRTechConf 2012 swag video. This is the eagerly-awaited sequel to Dwane's swag video from #HRTechConf.
Some of the contenders for Dwane's pick of best swag from #HRTechConf 2012 can be seen in the picture below.
And for the opportunity to acquire a particularly tasty piece of swag, don't forget that you can catch up with the XpertHR team at booth 1078 - where you can also get a demonstration of the frankly rather excellent XpertHR US site, plus enter our competition to win an iPad!
#HRTechConf UPDATE! #HRTechConf 2012 Swag Video!
It's here... all the way from Chicago, Illinois, Messrs Dwane Lay and Paul Smith proudly present: #HRTechConf 2012 Swag Video!
The role of HR technology in organisational HR strategies "is so important that it deserves much more than the afterthought most give it." So said Charlie Judy in an #HRTechConf-related blog post a few days ago.
I noticed a very interesting related issue emerging from a number of tweets from across the #HRTechConf Twitter stream yesterday:
- What does HR need to do to make sure that the technology needs of different generations are all accommodated in the HR strategy?
- Josh Bersin: #hrtechconf SAP is developing apps for mobile devices first now. Mobile becoming critical platform for HR
- Ché Blackwood: "Younger workforces expect internal learning systems that utilize the technologies they've grown up using, not pamphlets!-@Josh_Bersin"
- Steve Boese: Technology is now a second language to us, but it is a native language to the next generation. per @stevenrmiranda . #HRTechConf
- Charlie Judy: don't implement HR technology based on what your view is; base it on what your employees' view is (all generations). #HRTechConf
- Charlie Judy: remember that many of our employees are concerned about their parents' healthcare needs. #CHROPanel #HRTechConf
Please share links to any great videos from #HRTechConf 2012 that you might've come across here!
But so far, other than Dwane Lay's #HRTechConf 2012 swag video, I have only been able to find two videos from #HRTechConf 2012:
#HRTechConf 2012 videos!
#HRTechConf: The blog posts
Please do share links here to any #HRTechConf-related blog posts that've caught your eye.
Here're two great #HRTechConf posts to get the ball rolling:
#HRTechConf: What do you do with your dirty data?
Data quality issues are vital consideration in the world of HR technology.
The following pair of retweets via Trish McFarlane are of great interest with regard to what one might do when faced with 'dirty' data:
#HRTechConf: HR tech maketh not the man (nor the woman, neither)
Remember people: As great as HR technology is, it can't do everything.
Here are two brilliant #HRTechConf tweets on this theme:
- Paul Smith: Just throwing technology at the problem will not solve the problem - Norbert Englert at #HRTechConf CHRO Panel
Social media are absolutely key to communication at and around #HRTechConf 2012.
The excellent William Tincup has generously compiled and shared Twitter feeds for both exhibitors, sponsors and speakers at #HRTechConf 2012:
Twitter IDs for the 2012 #hrtechconf - Speakers http://bit.ly/QZ9rIl - Sponsors http://bit.ly/UPyB0c - Exhibitors http://bit.ly/Pfwz6X#HRTechConf 2012: That's why they call 'em 'social' media!
Social media are truly amazing.
They can connect people around the world instantaneously, and facilitate the immediate sharing of information.
But that's not the only thing making social media truly social. Social media can also bring people together in real life, as this lovely tweet from Lizzie Maldonado (aka @lizonomics on Twitter) illustrates (please note that it relates to #HREvolution rather than #HRTechConf - but it is equally pertinent to both events!):
- Lizzie Maldonado: @lisarosendahl: "I wouldn't know anyone in this room if it weren't for social media." There's some universal truth. #HREvolution RT@dwanelay
I'd love to make XpertHR's coverage of #HRTechConf as interactive as possible.
Please do feel free to share your own personal highlights of #HRTechConf - whether you're lucky enough to be attending it in person, or like me tapping into #HRTechConf via social media.
You can leave comments via the box below, or get in touch via Twitter, LinkedIn, or Google+.
I'd also like to make this all as multimedia-friendly as possible, so please share links to videos, podcasts, photos, blog posts, tweets, and any other kind of social media activity emanating from #HRTechConf that catches your attention.
And of course, make sure that you follow the #HRTechConf hashtag on Twitter for all the latest from Chicago!
#HRTechConf: The XpertHR overview
- XpertHR's #HRTechConf 2012 social media overview (1): #CandEs, Christmas, iPads & analytics!
Here's XpertHR's round-up of the social media highlights of the first day of #HRTechConf 2012 . Just some of the topics covered here include: #CandEs, Christmas, iPads & analytics.
- XpertHR's #HRTechConf 2012 social media overview (2): Swag, digital natives, dirty data & truly 'social' media!
We prouldly present XpertHR's round-up of the social media highlights of the second day of #HRTechConf (Tuesday 9 October 2012). A wide range of HR tech topics are covered here, including: Swag, digital natives, dirty data & truly 'social' media!
- #HRTechConf 2012: The HR bloggers weigh in!
Here we present a round-up of links to HR bloggers' accounts of the events of #HRTechConf, which took place in Chicago, Illinois between Monday 8 October 2012 and Wednesday 10 October 2012.
- #HRTechConf 2012: XpertHR's social media overview
Links to all XpertHR coverage of #HRTechConf 2012.
- #HRTechConf after hours
After each day's schedule of #HRTechConf conference events concludes, there is a huge array of #HRTechConf-related social events to choose from. XpertHR provides some useful links.
- #HRTechConf 2012: What's on the #HRTechConf agenda?
So what's on the agenda for #HRTechConf 2012? And what are likely to be the highlights? XpertHR checks out the agenda.
- XpertHR Joins Leading Technology Experts Read more about XpertHR's presence at this event.
- Catch up with the XpertHR team at booth 1078 - where you can also get a demonstration of the XpertHR US site, plus enter our competition to win an iPad!
- #HRTechConf Click on the Twitter hashtag to follow all the latest tweets from the event.
- 2012 HR Technology Conference Visit the official website.
- 15th Annual HR Technology Conference 2012 Attendee Tips Guidance from Naomi Bloom's blog.
- The image used on this page was sourced from Wikimedia Commons.