We round up what caught Tribunal Watch's eye on Twitter in the last seven days. Discussion this week has been dominated by wording in BIS's statement of new regulation (PDF format, 284K) suggesting that the Government has already made up its mind to increase the unfair dismissal qualifying period from one year's to two years' service. The Government later stated that this was a "drafting error" and issued an amended version of the document.
- No final decision no unfair dismissal qualifying period @TribunalWatch BIS has told us "there was a drafting error" + "no final decision has been taken to increase unfair dismissal qualifying period"
- Decision made on increase in unfair dismissal qualifying period? @paulcall1 BIS doc seems to confirm ud time limit raised to 2 yrs & fees for claims bis.gov.uk/assets/biscore... (p14)
- EHRC submission in religious discrimination case @ljanstis EHRC submission to European Court of Human Rights in Ladele and Eweida etc cases published bit.ly/r2kGPd
- Essential employment law event @TribunalWatch was at the @XpertHR essential employment law event this week - catch up on the #xpemplaw11 hashtag
- Gavels in employment tribunals @DazNewman I hate it when employment law news is illustrated with a gavel. They are used on auctions but never in ETs! http://j.mp/ohg922
You can follow Tribunal Watch on Twitter. Have we missed something interesting on Twitter? Tweet us or leave a comment.