The concept of total reward embraces the tangible aspects of reward with the more intangible aspects of the working environment, resulting in a set of factors that aim to increase employee engagement and, therefore, business performance. But what exactly should be included, and how do organisations ensure that total reward becomes embedded in how the organisation operates?
XpertHR's latest addition to the "How to" section - How to follow a total reward approach - addresses these, and other, questions about total reward. Issues covered by the guide include:
- Whether or not total reward is appropriate for all organisations, and how employers can assess if it is right for them.
- Who should be involved in the development of a total reward approach.
- How to design a total reward model, including how to gather information on, and assess, the various elements of total reward.
- How to ensure that total reward becomes embedded in the day-to-day operation of the business.
- What can and can't be achieved by adopting an approach to total reward.
Each of these topics is covered in detail, resulting in a practical guide for employers on the steps to take in order to follow a total reward approach.