Fit for Work
Fit for Work is a new Government-funded service providing advice for employers, employees and GPs on health and work. It also provides occupational health assessments on referral from GPs and employers. The service is now fully operational.
What should I do now...?
- Review your organisation's sickness absence procedures
- Tell your managers about Fit for Work
- What is the Fit for Work service?
- When is the Fit for Work service introduced for employers to make occupational health assessment referrals?
- Can employers use their own occupational health advisers instead of the Fit for Work service?
- If an absent employee has a return-to-work plan provided through the Fit for Work service, does he or she also have to provide the employer with a fit note?
- Is it mandatory for employers to follow the recommendations in a return-to-work plan provided by the Fit for Work service?
- What is the tax exemption for employer-funded medical treatment?
Policies and documents
- Letter explaining to managers and occupational health the role of the Fit for Work service
- Sample return-to-work plans from the Fit for Work service
- Policy on Fit for Work service referrals for employees on long-term sickness absence
- Form for an employee to consent to a Fit for Work service referral