Modern slavery statements
A change in the law means that large commercial organisations have a duty to prepare a slavery and human trafficking statement for each financial year ending on or after 31 March 2016. Employers will need to set out the steps they have taken to ensure that no slavery or human trafficking exists in their supply chains, or confirm that they have taken no such steps.
Commentary and analysis
Policies and documents
- What duties do employers have under the "transparency in supply chains" provisions of the Modern Slavery Act 2015?
- What is the timescale for employers to prepare a slavery and human trafficking statement?
- Which employers are required to publish a slavery and human trafficking statement?
Audio and video
- Modern Slavery Act 2015 comes into force
- Anti-slavery statements introduced
- Employers not required to publish slavery statement for financial year ending before 31 March 2016