Redundancy: resources round-up
Dealing with redundancy is a perennial issue for many employers. We have a comprehensive range of resources on XpertHR to help employers manage redundancies. Here we round up some of our most popular resources on redundancy, including FAQs, "how to" guides, model policies and documents, and line manager briefings.
- What should the employer and employee discuss at an individual redundancy consultation meeting?
- In a collective redundancy situation, what should the workforce be consulted about?
- If an employee who is at risk of redundancy goes off sick during the consultation process, how should the employer handle the situation?
- In a redundancy situation, how should an employer select which employees to make redundant?
- In a redundancy situation, what obligations does an employer have with regard to offering suitable alternative employment?
- What is a bumped redundancy?
- How is redundancy pay calculated under the Employment Rights Act 1996?
- Should regular overtime be taken into account when calculating weekly earnings for redundancy pay purposes?
- How to decide which employees to include in a redundancy pool
- How to choose and apply redundancy selection criteria
- How to consult on an individual basis during a redundancy exercise
- How to consider offers of suitable alternative work for redundant employees
- How to deal with pregnant employees and those on maternity leave in a redundancy situation
- How to manage voluntary redundancies
Policies and documents
- Redundancy policy
- Letter informing an employee of possible redundancy
- Redundancy selection matrix
- Letter inviting an employee provisionally selected for redundancy to a second individual consultation meeting
- Letter formally notifying an employee that he or she has been selected for redundancy
- Letter offering a trial period of alternative employment to a redundant employee
- Letter setting out an employee's entitlement to a redundancy payment
Employment law manual
Line manager briefings
Good practice guides
- Assisting redundant employees
- Informing and consulting during a collective redundancy process
- Supporting redundancy survivors
- Redundancy activity: the 2015 XpertHR survey
- Redundancy policies and procedures: the 2015 XpertHR survey
- Redundancy: Conduct a redundancy process
- Redundancy: Conduct an election for employee representatives for collective redundancy consultation
- Automatically unfair reasons for selection for redundancy
- Relevant date for the purposes of redundancy
- Calculation of a week's pay
- Statutory redundancy payments ready reckoner
- Enhanced redundancy payments