Upcoming developments in employment law
We provide a snapshot of key developments for employers in the coming months.
- EU referendum: employers throughout the UK await the outcome of the EU referendum in June. Check our hot topic for guidance and discussion on relevant issues for HR professionals.
- Holiday pay: the Court of Appeal will hear the Lock and another v British Gas Trading Ltd (No.2)  IRLR 316 EAT appeal in July. We will be closely monitoring and reporting on the proceedings.
- National minimum wage increases: employers are required to increase minimum wages for workers under 25 in October.
- Gender pay gap reporting: mandatory requirements for gender pay gap reporting are expected to come into force in October. Check our hot topic for a round-up of our gender pay gap reporting resources.
- Public sector exit payments: various regulations restricting exit payments in the public sector are expected to come into force. Our podcast on public-sector employment law developments discusses the impact of these restrictions.
See our Legal timetable for more upcoming employment law changes.