Must an employee's employment particulars be provided in one document?
Certain information about an employee's employment must be provided in a single document, known as the principal statement. The principal statement must include:
- the names of the employer and employee;
- the date when the employment began;
- the date when the employee's period of continuous service began;
- the scale or rate of remuneration and the method of calculating it;
- the intervals at which remuneration occurs;
- any terms and conditions relating to hours of work;
- entitlement to holiday including public holidays and holiday pay;
- the employee's job title or a brief description of his or her work; and
- the place of work or, where the employee works at various places, an indication of this and the employer's address.