How to get the most out of early conciliation
Author: Laurie Anstis
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Be aware that a claimant must have an early conciliation certificate to be able to bring an employment tribunal claim.
- Ensure that approaches from Acas are referred to the right person or department within the organisation.
- Consider whether or not to participate in early conciliation when it is offered.
- Be aware that the time limit for submitting an employment tribunal claim will be extended where a claimant has initiated the early conciliation process.
- If you anticipate that an employee may bring an employment tribunal claim, consider initiating early conciliation yourself.