How to increase employee motivation
Author: Andrea Gregory
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Appreciate that having a motivated workforce makes good business sense.
- Take steps to understand employees' individual drivers through, for example, staff attitude surveys, appraisals and informal reviews.
- Consider what steps can be made to accommodate these drivers.
- Consult widely before implementing any changes.
- Continue to review what motivates employees, as well as whether new advancements in, for example, technology will permit the implementation of changes that were not previously possible.
- Balance the cost of implementing this framework against the cost of lost productivity caused by low levels of motivation.