How to introduce and manage a flexible benefits scheme
Author: Chris Wilson
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Establish whether or not there is a business case for setting up a flexible benefits scheme.
- Take into account the costs involved, and employee expectations.
- Consider which benefits will be included in the flexible benefits scheme.
- Decide which benefits will be core and flexible and the level of flexibility that the scheme will allow.
- Decide how benefits will be funded and what each benefit is worth.
- Put together a project team to manage the implementation of the flexible benefits scheme.
- Communicate the details of the new scheme to employees, and update any associated employee handbooks and benefits guidance.
- Ensure that employees remain engaged in the scheme and regularly review the benefits options.