How to select, devise and use a job evaluation scheme
AUTHOR: Tony Hatton-Gore
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Understand what job evaluation is and what it can be used for.
- Compare the different types of job evaluation schemes and their features.
- Understand the relationship between job evaluation and equal pay.
- Design an analytical job evaluation scheme.
- Consider how the factors to be evaluated will be weighted and scored.
- Understand how benchmark jobs underpin job evaluation.
- Provide training for the individuals involved in the analysis of jobs.
- Set up a robust appeals process.
- Review the job evaluation scheme regularly to ensure that the results are still accurate and the scheme is appropriate to the needs of the organisation.