How to set up a workplace nursery
Author: Louis Wustemann
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Be aware of the value to employees of a workplace nursery.
- Check if planning permission or permission for change of use is needed for the nursery.
- Observe the minimum space requirements set down in the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Decide whether to operate the facility directly or to contract a specialist provider.
- Make sure that staffing levels are adequate and that staff have the necessary qualifications.
- Allow adequate time for the registration process.
- Investigate whether the facility qualifies for tax allowances.
- Devise a fair system for allocation of nursery places.