How to set up and manage an overtime system
Author: Tony Hatton-Gore
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Consider having an overtime policy.
- Specify which groups of employees are eligible for overtime.
- Ensure that employees and managers are aware of the sign-off procedure for authorising overtime.
- Set the level of overtime pay.
- Ensure that the terms of overtime are included in the employment contract.
- Monitor the amount of overtime and consider if there are any ways to reduce it.