This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
Chile: Health and safety
- Employers are required to take all measures necessary to protect employees' lives and health. (See General)
- Employers have numerous specific statutory health and safety obligations, and must draw up "internal regulations" on relevant matters. (See Duties on employers and employees)
- A joint health and safety committee must be set up in all workplaces with more than 25 employees. (See Safety representatives)
- Labour inspectors monitor and enforce compliance with health and safety legislation, and are empowered to fine offending employers. (See Enforcement and penalties)
- All employees are insured against occupational injury and illness under a statutory scheme funded by employer contributions. (See Compensation for occupational injury or illness)
Access to the International manual product requires a subscription