This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
China: Health and safety
- General employment legislation provides that employees have a right to occupational health and safety protection. (See General)
- Employers and employees have various duties regarding health and safety. (See Duties on employers and employees)
- There is no statutory requirement on employers to ensure the election or appointment of employee health and safety representatives. (See Safety representatives)
- The State Administration of Work Safety is the national government authority mainly responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with legislation on work safety and occupational diseases. (See Enforcement and penalties)
- Employers are obliged to make contributions in respect of their employees to the statutory occupational injury insurance scheme, which covers both occupational injuries and diseases. (See Compensation for injury or illness)
Access to the International manual product requires a subscription