This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
Hungary: Health and safety
- Employers are responsible for health and safety at work and have a duty to implement the statutory requirements in this area. (See General)
- Employers have numerous specific statutory health and safety duties, while employees also have various obligations in this area. (See Duties on employers and employees)
- Employees in organisations with at least 50 employees are entitled to elect safety representatives, with information, consultation and other rights. (See Safety representatives)
- The public Labour Inspectorate is the main body responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with health and safety legislation. (See Enforcement and penalties)
- A mandatory occupational accident and illness insurance scheme forms part of the public social insurance system. (See Compensation for occupational injury or illness)
Access to the International manual product requires a subscription