This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
Ireland: Termination of employment
- Qualifying employees are entitled to a minimum period of notice of dismissal. (See Notice periods)
- There are various rules regarding employees' right to claim unfair dismissal. (See Unfair dismissal)
- Employees whose dismissal breaches their contract are entitled to bring a common-law claim for wrongful dismissal. (See Wrongful dismissal)
- There are various rules regarding dismissals on the ground of redundancy. (See Redundancy rights)
- The pay-related entitlements of employees whose employer has become insolvent are protected by a state scheme. (See Insolvency)
Access to the International manual product requires a subscription