This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
Luxembourg: Contracts of employment
- Employment contracts must, in principle, be in writing, although in the absence of a written contract, an employee may prove the existence and content of an employment contract. (See General)
- Special rules apply to termination of employment during a probationary period - the duration and existence of such a period must be stated in the employment contract, and the length of probationary periods is subject to statutory limits. (See Probationary periods)
- Special rules apply to fixed-term contracts, part-time contracts and several other types of contract. (See Types of contract)
- Written employment contracts must contain provisions on a range of specified matters. (See Written contract of employment)
- Various rules govern the unilateral amendment of terms and conditions of employment by the employer. (See Variation of contract)
Access to the International manual product requires a subscription