This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
Mexico: Equal opportunities
- Discrimination in employment is prohibited on various grounds. (See General)
- Differential treatment on the prohibited grounds is permitted in certain circumstances. (See Exceptions)
- There is a general statutory requirement that employees must not be subject to harassment or other improper behaviour. (See Harassment and sexual harassment)
- Positive action measures and differential treatment seeking to promote genuine equality of opportunities on the prohibited grounds do not constitute unlawful discrimination. (See Positive action)
- Employees who believe that they have been subject to unlawful discrimination by an employer on any of the prohibited grounds can bring a case to the relevant Conciliation and Arbitration Board and, if conciliation fails, can bring a claim in the civil courts. (See Remedies and penalties)
Access to the International manual product requires a subscription