This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
Turkey: Health and safety
- Legislation regulates employers' and workers' duties, responsibilities, rights and obligations with the aim of ensuring occupational health and safety and improving conditions in this area. (See General)
- Employers have a general duty to ensure workers' health and safety, and must observe numerous specific requirements in this area, while workers also have various obligations. (See Duties on employers and employees)
- Workers' representatives have various health and safety entitlements and, in enterprises where 50 or more workers are employed, the employer must set up an occupational health and safety committee. (See Safety representatives)
- The Ministry of Labour and Social Security's Labour Inspection Board is mainly responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with health and safety legislation, and may impose penalties on non-compliant employers. (See Enforcement and penalties)
- The public social security system includes obligatory occupational injury and illness insurance. (See Compensation for occupational injury or illness)
Access to the International manual product requires a subscription