National minimum wage increases to £6.31 per hour
Implementation date: 1 October 2013
The National Minimum Wage (Amendment) Regulations 2013, which can be viewed on the UK legislation website, increase the national minimum wage on 1 October 2013.
From 1 October 2013, the following national minimum wage rates apply:
- The main (adult) rate of the national minimum wage rises from £6.19 to £6.31 per hour.
- The youth rate (for workers who are aged 18 but under 21) increases from £4.98 to £5.03 per hour.
- The rate for workers aged 16 to 17 increases from £3.68 to £3.72 per hour.
- The apprentice rate increases from £2.65 to £2.68 per hour.
- The accommodation offset increases from £4.82 to £4.91 per day.