Disability discrimination quiz
Use this quiz in conjunction with the line manager briefing on disability discrimination.
- Which of the following questions will not be relevant in determining whether or not an employee is protected by the prohibition on disability discrimination?
- Is the employee registered as disabled?
- Does the employee have either a physical or a mental impairment?
- Does the impairment affect the employee's ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities?
- Is the adverse effect long term?
- A line manager does not shortlist a blind job applicant for a position involving computer use because she assumes that blind people are unable to use computers. Which of the following statements applies?
- This amounts to direct disability discrimination, but the line manager may be able to justify it.