Organisations which participate in CELRE salary surveys get far more out of the findings than those which simply buy the end report. Having gone through the process of matching jobs when submitting their own data, they can be sure that they are comparing similar roles when benchmarking pay rates.
In addition, participants are able to:
- Use XpertHR Salary Surveys to see their own pay rates for any given role compared with market rates.
- Make use of CELRE’s personalised spreadsheet-based analytical tools MODAS and MIDAS to compare their organisational and individual pay rates.
What does participation involve?
Participation is a key part of a subscription to Salary Surveys. The more companies that participate the more useful the data is and by participating you enjoy significant added benefits such as matching search results against market norms.
Participating in a CELRE salary survey does require some time and effort. However, the work involved is both reflected in the lower price charged to survey participants and rewarded by a far better and more powerful end product.
Once you sign up as a participating customer, you will be sent a “welcome” email along with a two-part questionnaire and guidance notes for the survey you have joined. The two elements of the questionnaire cover:
- Company background information (such as turnover and number of employees)
- Individual employee pay data.
We aim to make participation as straight forward as possible. When you participate, we provide you with:
- A short questionnaire to supply information about your organisation
- A standard spreadsheet for you to submit salary data for each employee.
Participants match each post against standard criteria on job levels and job functions using our easy-to-follow guidance booklet.
When you participate in subsequent surveys, we will send you your most recent data to update, saving you time and effort.
Help with participation
Support for companies taking part in the survey includes full written guidance and telephone help. Our Participation Manager, Sharon McArthur, is an HR professional with both generalist and pay & benefits experience who is happy to help with job matching and data submission processes. Please feel free to contact her on: Sharon.McArthur@celre.co.uk.