Foreign nationals

Clio SpringerEditor's message: There are restrictions on the employment of workers from outside the European Economic Area and employers that wish to recruit a foreign national who is subject to immigration control to work in the UK, must comply with the points-based immigration system.

Employers that want to employ foreign nationals as skilled workers under tier 2 of the points-based system must have a sponsor licence from the Home Office. An employer that fails to comply with its sponsor duties risks having its licence revoked.

Clio Springer, senior employment law editor

New and updated