Podcast: Dealing with misconduct dismissals
On this week's XpertHR Weekly, we discuss misconduct dismissals. We take an in-depth look at the process that employers should follow when considering dismissing an employee for a disciplinary breach, the consequences of failing to follow the correct procedure and how to deal with some difficult misconduct-related scenarios.
Presenter Clio Springer is joined by XpertHR consultant editor Darren Newman. Edited and produced by Laura Kimpton.
Podcast: Misconduct dismissals
Audio: XpertHR Weekly; 11 September 2015
Articles discussed on this week's podcast:
- Disciplinary procedure
- Procedure on conducting a disciplinary investigation
- Order of proceedings for a disciplinary hearing
- Order of proceedings for a disciplinary appeal hearing
- Alcohol and substance abuse policy and procedure
- Policy on disciplinary action against employees charged with or convicted of criminal offences and convictions
- How to handle the situation where an employee goes off sick during a disciplinary process
Alternatively you can subscribe through the XpertHR Weekly podcast feed.