Podcast: Identifying a selection pool for redundancy
Identifying the correct selection pool is a fundamental part of establishing a fair redundancy process. Getting this wrong at the outset can undermine the rest of the process. In this week's podcast, we provide practical advice on the factors to consider when identifying a selection pool.
In particular, we look at:
- the steps an employer can take if there is no agreed procedure on pooling in place;
- what to do if only one person is affected by the redundancy;
- an employer's discretion over the size of the pool;
- how to approach redundancies across multiple sites; and
- how to deal with employees that are absent on sick leave or maternity leave.
Presenter Laura Merrylees is joined by Zeba Sayed. Edited and produced by Laura Kimpton.
Identifying a selection pool for redundancy
30 June 2017