Bank holiday resources
As the summer bank holiday for England, Wales and Northern Ireland approaches, we highlight popular resources to help employers manage bank holidays. Under working time rules, workers are entitled to 5.6 weeks' minimum statutory leave a year, which may include public and bank holidays.
Check our guides and FAQs below for more information on whether or not employees can be required to work on bank holidays, how much workers should be paid and how to deal with common situations that arise on bank holidays.
Guidance on bank holidays:
- Can employees be required to work on bank holidays?
- Are employees who are required to work on bank holidays entitled to pay in lieu of time off, or additional holiday?
- Are part-time workers entitled to bank holidays?
- If an employer provides for pro rata bank holiday entitlement for part-time employees, how should it calculate this?
- Can bank holidays be included in a worker's statutory leave entitlement?
- How should an employer deal with an employee who calls in sick on a bank holiday?
- How to manage bank holidays
- Bank and public holidays contract clause
- Employment law manual > Working time > Holiday and holiday pay > Bank and public holidays