Hot weather: resource round-up
Is there a maximum temperature beyond which employees are not expected to work? Should employers relax their dress codes when temperatures are high? Can employees request annual leave at short notice? XpertHR has a range of resources to help employers manage employment issues that may arise during hot weather, including a Holiday policy and a Dress and appearance policy.
Maximum workplace temperatures
- Is there a maximum workplace temperature beyond which employees cannot be expected to work?
- Recommended temperatures in the workplace
Working from home
Dress codes during hot weather
- Dress and appearance policy
- Benchmarking: under what circumstances do organisations relax their dress code?
- Holiday policy
- Can workers take holiday whenever they like?
- Can an employer refuse holiday requests during a particular period?
- Letter declining holiday request
Unauthorised time off
- How to deal with an employee who goes ahead with a holiday when annual leave has not been authorised
- Unauthorised absence policy
- Letter to employee who is suspected of taking unauthorised absence
- What constitutes an unauthorised absence?
- Can an employer lawfully dismiss an employee whose absence is not authorised?