Is there a maximum temperature beyond which employees are not expected to work? Should employers relax their dress codes when temperatures are high? Can employees request annual leave at short notice? XpertHR has a range of resources to help employers manage employment issues that may arise during hot weather, including a Holiday policy and a Dress and appearance policy.
Maximum workplace temperatures
- Is there a maximum workplace temperature beyond which employees cannot be expected to work?
- Recommended temperatures in the workplace
Dress codes during hot weather
- Dress and appearance policy
- Benchmarking: under what circumstances do organisations relax their dress code?
Disruptions to public transport
- Severe weather and disruptions to public transport policy
- Is an employer required to pay employees who arrive late or do not arrive at all due to disruptions to public transport?
- Holiday policy
- Can workers take holiday whenever they like?
- Can an employer refuse holiday requests during a particular period?
- Letter declining holiday request
Unauthorised time off
- How to deal with an employee who goes ahead with a holiday when annual leave has not been authorised
- Unauthorised absence policy
- Unauthorised absence letter
- What constitutes an unauthorised absence?
- Can an employer lawfully dismiss an employee whose absence is not authorised?