IR35: New workflow on off-payroll working added to XpertHR Liveflo
XpertHR Liveflo has been enhanced with a new workflow, which sets out the process for HR to follow to ensure compliance with the IR35 rules on off-payroll working.
Reforms to the IR35 rules are extended to the private sector from 6 April 2021. The new interactive workflow should be used when an individual is engaged to provide services, such as a contractor, freelancer or consultant. It can also be used to review existing engagements.
The workflow will help you identify when the rules apply. To assist compliance where the rules apply, you can follow the process step by step through the workflow, including:
- carrying out an employment status assessment;
- issuing a status determination statement (SDS);
- adding the individual to payroll as a deemed employee, where required;
- implementing a disagreement process; and
- keeping the engagement under review.