Maternity, paternity and adoption pay are increased
The standard rate of statutory maternity, paternity and adoption pay increases from £135.45 to £136.78 per week from 7 April 2013.
- Statutory maternity, paternity and adoption pay The XpertHR statutory rates section has details of the current and future statutory maternity, paternity and adoption rates.
- Schedule of proposed benefit rates from April 2013 (PDF format, 92K) (on the UK Parliament website) Read details of the statutory maternity, paternity, adoption and sick pay announcement.
How to manage statutory maternity pay The XpertHR "how to" section explains how to establish whether or not an employee is eligible for statutory maternity pay and the steps to take if she is eligible.
Model documents: maternity rights, paternity rights and adoption rights The XpertHR policies and documents section has model contract clauses, policies, forms and letters on maternity, paternity and adoption leave and pay.
Family-friendly rights The XpertHR employment law manual has guidance on statutory maternity, paternity and adoption pay.
The XpertHR Liveflo service includes a number of workflows for employers to use when dealing with family-friendly rights, including:
- Pregnancy and maternity: Manage an employee's maternity leave and pay
- Paternity: Handle an ordinary paternity leave and pay request (birth situation)
- Paternity: Handle an ordinary paternity leave and pay request (UK adoption situation)
- Adoption: Handle an adoption leave and pay request (UK adoption situation)