Winter weather issues: resource round-up
We round up our resources that will help you manage workforce issues that can arise from severe winter weather. We provide guidance on likely scenarios, including where employees are late or unable to travel to work, or stay at home to look after children because schools are shut, as well as closure of your workplace.
Commentary and analysis
Policies and documents
- Can employees be required to work from home if the transport system is disrupted?
- Is an employer required to pay employees who arrive late or do not arrive at all due to disruptions to public transport?
- If an employer closes its business because disrupted public transport prevents employees from attending work does it have to pay its employees?
- Does an employee have the right to time off if their child's school or nursery is closed unexpectedly, for example due to severe weather?
- Is an employer required to pay employees who cannot make it into work because of severe weather conditions?
- Is there a minimum workplace temperature below which employees cannot be expected to work?