Winter weather issues: resource round-up
We round up our resources that will help you manage workforce issues that can arise from severe winter weather. We provide guidance on likely scenarios, including where employees are late or unable to travel to work, or stay at home to look after children because schools are shut, as well as closure of your workplace.
Policies and documents
- Can employees be required to work from home if the transport system is disrupted?
- Is an employer required to pay employees who arrive late or do not arrive at all due to disruptions to public transport?
- If an employer closes its business because disrupted public transport prevents employees from attending work does it have to pay its employees?
- If an employee has a child at a school or nursery that is closed due to, for example, severe weather or pandemic flu, must the employee be given time off if they cannot arrange childcare?
- Is an employer required to pay employees who cannot make it into work because of severe weather conditions?
- Is there a minimum workplace temperature below which employees cannot be expected to work?