Regulation of health professionals: health (Scotland)
Updating author: Julie Steele.
- The General Medical Council (GMC) regulates postgraduate medical education and training and the medical profession in the UK. (See General Medical Council)
- The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) maintains a register of nurses and midwives. (See Nursing and Midwifery Council)
- The General Dental Council (GDC) regulates dentists. (See General Dental Council)
- The General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) is the regulator for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacy premises in Great Britain. (See General Pharmaceutical Council)
- The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) maintains a register of health professionals. (See Health and Care Professions Council)