Can a potential claimant's legal representative contact Acas and engage in early conciliation on his or her behalf?

The initial notification to Acas has to be carried out by the potential claimant. The potential claimant can provide his or her representative's details on the form, in which case Acas will contact the representative directly to discuss early conciliation. The representative can then deal with Acas on the potential claimant's behalf throughout the process.