If a union representative works part-time hours, are they entitled to be paid for union duties carried out outside those hours?

Sections 168 and 169 of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 entitle union representatives to payment for time off for carrying out union duties during their working hours. Therefore, there is no statutory right to payment for union duties conducted outside of working hours. However, the Acas code of practice on time off for trade union duties and activities states that part-time workers will be entitled to pay for time spent carrying out union duties if full-time employees would be entitled to be paid. Therefore, an employer should pay a part-time worker who is a union representative for time spent carrying out union duties outside of their normal part-time hours, if they are carried out in the normal working hours of full-time workers.