What can employees do if they are being victimised?

An employee or other worker may complain of detriment or victimisation to an employment tribunal (without having to resign in order to do so), regardless of their length of service at the material time. Employees who are dismissed or selected for redundancy for challenging their employer's breach of their rights, or for bringing proceedings, may also bring a complaint to an employment tribunal. An employee who succeeds in such a claim will be awarded compensation according to what the tribunal judges to be just and equitable.