What information should an employee's request for flexible working under the statutory procedure contain?
A flexible working request must be in writing (email is acceptable) and:
- be dated;
- state that the application is made under the statutory right to request flexible working;
- specify the change(s) to working arrangements that the employee would like;
- state the date on which the employee proposes that the requested change(s) should take effect;
- indicate the effect(s), if any, that the employee thinks the change(s) will have on the employer, and how they think any such effects might be dealt with; and
- state whether the employee has previously submitted a request for flexible working to the employer and, if so, when.