What is the right to time off for dependants?
The right to time off for dependants is the right for employees to take a reasonable amount of unpaid time off during working hours to take action that is necessary:
- to provide assistance on an occasion when a dependant falls ill, gives birth or is injured or assaulted:
- to make arrangements for the provision of care for a dependant who is ill or injured;
- in consequence of the death of a dependant;
- because of the unexpected disruption or termination of arrangements for the care of a dependant; or
- to deal with an incident involving a child of the employee that occurs unexpectedly during a period when the child is attending school.