Onboarding (4): Evaluating onboarding
Author: Debra Cadman
In the fourth guide to onboarding new recruits, we look at how to evaluate the success of your onboarding programme. This is the final guide in our series on onboarding new recruits:
- Onboarding (1): What is it and why does it matter? explains what onboarding is and the importance of effective onboarding to the new recruit and to the organisation.
- Onboarding (2): What should you cover? looks at the crucial components of an onboarding programme.
- Onboarding (3): Engaging and effective delivery explores how to make onboarding come to life through effective and engaging delivery.
- HR teams should identify measures of success that are most relevant to the particular challenges at their organisation. (See Measures of success)
- Three of the top areas of focus when evaluating onboarding include attrition data, feedback and performance data. (See Measuring attrition, Gathering feedback and Measuring performance)