How to choose a salary survey
Author: Janet Egan
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Think about why a salary survey would be needed and what the organisation intends to do with the information.
- Find a salary survey provider that can be relied on to provide good quality data that meets the organisation's needs.
- Decide what roles the survey needs to cover and the ways in which the organisation will want to be able to break down the data.
- Consider the different reward elements that the organisation will want to benchmark.
- Ensure that the survey chosen is robust and reliable and will support the sorts of decisions that the organisation wants to make.
- Think about what taking part in the survey will involve and what the advantages or disadvantages of doing so might be.
- Be aware of the data outputs that the salary survey provider can produce and decide whether or not these will enable the organisation to do what it needs to do.